Wednesday, January 02, 2008

There's no going back......

I was reminiscing yesterday. Thinking about that past 8 years of my life. Getting married. My sweet babies and what it was like to look at each one of them for the very first time. I thought about God, and the journey I have been on with Him. About 5 years ago we began speed walking. 8-) I have been a born again Christian for 23 years, but it wasn't until about 5 years ago that God became my EVERYTHING. A few years ago I was involved in a small group that changed my walk with Him COMPLETELY. God taught me how to be intimate. He showed me what true fellowship looked like. He showed me what a real Godly woman looks like, and what can happen when a group of them sit in a room and truly seek Him. You see, I had always thought that a Godly woman was a woman that really followed the rules, and always got it right. All these years I had been so discouraged because I was always messing up. As it turns out, Godly woman mess up sometimes too. A Godly woman is one that loves God with all her heart, soul, and mind, and who's desire is to be truly intimate with Almighty God. I sat in the midst of some of the Godliest women I have ever known. We laughed a lot, we cried a lot, we shared the most intimate details of our lives, and in the living room of a tiny apartment opened up to us by a Godly woman desiring true fellowship and prayer with other believers, God moved. After about a year, our group changed. God called some of us to different things, but in looking back on that time in my life I began to get sad, and to grieve the fact that it is over. I miss it. I miss those women. I miss our conversations. I miss the power of God moving is that small little living room. For a few minutes I wished I could be back in that place in that time of my life, but then God showed me that there is no going back. He never wants us to move backwards. He calls us to move forward. To go deeper, and that always means moving. Sometimes I get so caught up in holding on to what I know or to the things of the past that I forget that the only thing I should be holding on to is God and where He is calling me now. However, my memories are precious, and the time I spent with the "Thursday Night Girls" was priceless. I am just pray that God allows me to experience such a time as that again.

2 comments:

Bill Blackrick said...

Thank you for your support on the atheist's blog

origins pink said...

No problem. Truthfully, I initially wasn't going to comment, but I felt like God was saying "give him My Word". I don't do the arguing with super intellect thing. Mainly because I don't have a super intellect. 8-) My brother is an athiest, and the lifestyle makes me sad. Anyway, good luck. I will be praying for you and that you may have a positive influence.