Monday, December 29, 2008

O Christmas Tree...O Christmas Tree

how lovely were your branches! Well...it's over. Not over in the sense that we don't still celebrate the birth and life of our Savior...but all the festivities are put away until next Christmas season. I have the after Christmas blues. 8-( It was a wonderful Christmas. Lots of fun memories. Fun game nights with songs about worms and dirty Christian talk. Productive shopping date nights of picking out fun things to bestow upon our babies. Awesome sing alongs full of fun with new wonderful friends. A funtastical Christmas Eve night with fun new memories.

I must stop to tell you a funny story. We got home from Christmas Eve at my Nanny's house at about 10:00pm. We let the kids open one of their "presents" from Nanna (always pajamas because it is her tradition to give all the kids and grandbabies jammies for Christmas Eve). We read the Christmas story and put the kids to bed around 11. By 12:00am we started setting out presents and putting together the goods. At about 12:30 I heard the pitter patter of little feet coming down the hallway. It was my little Isaiah. Andrew was sitting in the floor assembling the Jumpoline we had gotten Isaiah. It is a very colorful, triangular shaped trampoline that plays music while you jump. Isaiah's eyes lit up and he was no longer interested in sleep. So, for the next couple of hours that little rascal jumped and played with all his Christmas. It was great. He finally crashed about 2:30. It was fun to have him up and get to see him all by himself enjoying Christmas. He was a little bit of a booger to wake up Christmas morning. The other kids were ready to go and he just wanted to stay asleep.

The babies are so much fun Christmas morning. I have to brag and say that I have been so incredibly proud of their respect of what Christmas really is all about. There hasn't been a prayer time when they didn't thank God for the birth of their Savior, and they have been very mindful of talking about Jesus and what He means to them. Well, Gabriel has had some interesting things to say. His answer to what Christmas is all about has been presents and God. So we have a little work to do. What are you gonna do, he's 5. We had a great Christmas day...very relaxing. We let the kids play all morning, and then that afternoon we walked and let the kids ride their bikes down to my moms for Christmas dinner. There we gorged ourselves with yummy goodness and played Wii for hours. Ahhh...I love the holidays.

Now all we have left in 2008 is New Years. I gotta be honest, New Years is just not my thing. We don't want to leave the kids that night, and there aren't a lot of places to take the kids on New Years Eve. So I'm not sure how we will ring in the new year. My goodness, am I the only person who cannot believe that it is 2009 already. My life is flying by so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was saying "I do" to the man of my dreams and thinking about what it would be like when we had so many babies. Now here we are, madly in love and four babies later. I pray all the time that God will just let me savor the moments. There are times when I look around and beg God to just let me remember this moment. Let is sink in deep within my memory so when I am 80 years old I will sit and think of what my babies looked like and smelled like at these precious moments. The way they sounded laughing and the hysterical things they say that make me just want to eat them up.

Well, now that I am crying, I will end. I love you all. Merry Christmas(just a few days late) and Happy New Year to all you people whom I love so dearly. I enjoy my family and friends so much. I thank God for blessing me with such and amazing family and sweet wonderful friends. I love you! 8-)

No comments: