Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday, not so much a day of rest

Ok, yesterday was Madelyne's very first dance recital. It was so cute. It was much more elaborate than I had envisioned a little girls recital to be. There were dance teams of all ages that performed. They held the "show" at TPAC. There were big lights and big sets and big curtains. The key word here is "BIG" in case you hadn't gotten it yet. She was amazing of course. Her tap routine was especially cute. She can really shake her booty. Anyway, as much fun as it all was, it was totally exhausting. It consumed the whole day. There was walking around down town and running up and down stairs from stage to dressing rooms and quick costume changes. There were half naked kids everywhere. Pretty much this whole week has been consumed with getting ready for yesterday. It was all worth it I suppose. She loved being on stage, and I of course loved seeing her on stage.

That all brings us to today, Sunday. When we woke up this morning to get ready for church I just couldn't do it. I was just way too exhausted from the past week. I'm not sure what has happened to this supposed "day of rest" and keeping it holy. I assure you there is nothing holy about me killing myself to get 4 children and myself ready to be at church by 9:00am all while they are screaming and crying. Sunday mornings are never pleasant. I'm sure it's just Satan trying to steal the joy of the day. Were we to get ready any other day of the week it would be fine. It makes focusing on God and His special day very difficult. 8-) So what's the answer? I just don't know. I totally believe we are to go and worship with the body of believers. Why can't we just get together and worship a little later in the day? I really like that whole Saturday night church idea. We should do that. Then Sunday would truly be a "day of rest".

No comments: