Thursday, July 19, 2007

MADNESS

So, I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thing. Andrew has a blog and he hasn't had an entry since January or something absurd like that. It's driving me INSANE! I still check the stupid thing like every other day just to see if he has graced us with another entry. I think he only has 3 entries on the whole thing anyway. Oh well. The truth is that the things we find thrilling in our lives aren't exactly exciting to the rest of the world. I think that is God's grace for us in this season of our lives. He gives us excitement over the little things in life. 8-) Like for instance, Isaiah has started rolling over. Now when we share this with other people they're like, "yeah, sure, that's great", but we are just beside ourselves. I mean, it's like the most thrilling thing in our lives right now to sit around and watch Isaiah work his way from his stomach to his back. Everyone in the family gathers around and watches in anticipation, and then when he finally flips we cheer like he's the first person in the world to accomplish such a feat. Now does that sound like fun to you? Probably not, but we think it's an evening of extraordinary entertainment. The killer thing is that this will be one of the sweetest times of my whole life. Watching my sweet little babies grow into big people. I hear older women say to me every day that they long for the days when they could pick their babies up and hold them in their arms. I want to cherish every moment of this precious season of my life even if I do smell like spit-up and have dried up crusty boogers on my shoulder. 8-) I know, it's so gross, but I love it anyway. What I don't get is how he can make me smell so bad, and yet he still smells like heaven. Hmm..., it's a mystery.

Oh well, I warned you in the beginning that my thoughts are like cotton candy. Sometimes they're sweet and fluffy, and sometimes they're just a big sticky mess.

No comments: