Thursday, July 03, 2008

quiet time

So it has been a hard week to be mommy. I feel like possibly I am losing my mind. I don't really know what's different this week, but I feel the crazy taking over. I don't seem to have a quiet moment at ANY time of the day. The kids are getting up when I do and not going to bed before I do so literally I am needed and used ALL DAY LONG! Yesterday they were all especially rambunctious and loud. I refereed the disputes and all out battles all day long. Last night at church as I stood upstairs trying to have a conversation I could hear my children all the way down stairs. Don't get me wrong...there are precious moments mixed in with the madness, but I think it's time for mommy's day off. Date night. That's what I need. Actually, the kids are probably thinking they could use a break from me. 8-)

Aside from my madness...I am very excited that tomorrow is the 4th of July! I love it! I love the feel of summer holidays. Well, I love ANY holiday. The parties, family time, delicious food, and I get to SOCIALIZE! We are going to grill out and then go to providence and check out the fire works. FIRE WORKS! So beautiful and exciting! The babies are very excited as well. They like to party as much as mommy does. Daddy, well daddy's good as long as the kids are having fun and there is good food around. 8-)

No comments: