Friday, July 25, 2008

The sweetest smell in the world...

The best smell in the whole world...a newborn baby. I believe that Heaven will smell like newborn babies. Still to this day, the oldest being 8 & 1/2 years old, after my babies have had a bath and are getting ready for bed I like to inhale them. They always smell delicious, but ever so often I will catch the scent of my sweet tiny babies. The best place to sniff and kiss...right at the nape of the neck. It's the softest, sweetest kisses ever. I spent some time with my newest little friend Owen yesterday at the hospital. Not as much time as I wanted to of course. Other people wanted to hold him, and of course his mommy needed him and he needed her. 8-) Not to mention the exhaustion you could see all over her. She needed to rest. He is so precious. The first thing I said this morning was that I wanted to smell Owen. Andrew called me a baby sniffer. I can be crazy Aunt Whitney...the baby sniffer. I like that title. Anyway...he is just perfect. His mommy and daddy are very blessed, and he is very blessed to have them. 8-) I am praying that their transition into this season of their lives will be seamless and a beautiful testimony of their faith in our perfect, unfailing God.

No comments: