Tuesday, July 01, 2008

the beach

I am desperate to be heading to the beach. Everyone I know is either at the beach or will be very soon. We are going to the beach, but not until October. That is when Andrew and his family do the beach thing. We will be heading to Charleston, SC. That is on the Atlantic side for those of you who are geographically challenged like myself. I actually am a Gulf of Mexico kind of girl myself. You see, the Atlantic has brown, more compact sand while the Gulf has white, soft sand. I also prefer to go when it's blazing hot. Ohhh ye--ah! I like to lay in the sand until I can't stand it anymore and then dive in the ocean to cool off. Oh well, it will be fun no matter what. Andrew and the kids love Charleston and I love them so it makes it a blast. The beach there is wider and it has these giant tidal pools the kids can play in and catch crabs. They have fantastic time, and I love watching them fall in love with God's creation. The ocean is a tremendous wonder and it is sooo... romantic. Ok, I should stop. This is making my desperation to be there unbearable.

In other news...VBS ended and we all made it through alive. 8-) On one day we had over 500 children on campus plus 200 workers. It was madness. To top off all things mad...1 of my babies got sick 2 days before it ended to be followed by another one of my babies the day after it ended. Fun days at the Maxwell house. Praise God we all made it through and everyone is currently well. VBS was a success.

Well, that's all I have to share for now. I know it was riveting and you are wondering how one person can be so engaging but duty calls. Dinner doesn't cook itself you know. 8-)

No comments: