Monday, August 11, 2008

drink our splash french fries!

Ok, so I do not want to be rude or disrespectful to any people or nation, but they started it. For anyone that caught last nights mens relay you will get this. The French team was talking smack. Saying things like that they whole reason they were at the Olympics was to smash the Americans. It was AWESOME! The American team swam like was no tomorrow. Perfection! Just when it looked like the French team was going to take the gold the last American swimmer (I'm terrible with names...other that Michael Phelps of course) came from slightly behind and won my .08 of a second! It was insane. I am usually not like an Olympics junkie or anything, but this year is turning out to be fabulous entertainment. Plus, I really love swimming. So all that smack talk and who's national anthem was playing at the medal ceremony? USA! Anyway...that's enough of that. I don't want to be obnoxious. 8-)

Well, rather than blogging I need to be gearing up for school. The babies have things they need to be doing to prepare for this next school year. Lots of reading for sure. I will be teaching 3rd grade, 1st grade, and kindergarten this year. I feel nuts already. They are all attending HCA's co-op which will be nice. A chance for them to get some social interaction. I try to keep them in the loop with friends and social activities. That's as much for me as it is for them. 8-) I don't want to turn them into those freaky little homeschool kids who don't know how to interact with the rest of the world. No offense to the freaky kids. I just feel like hanging with their buds is something they are really missing out on by homeschooling. God and I have had many conversations over this very matter. He said I still have to homeschool this year. 8-) I really do enjoy it even though I joke a lot about being crazy. It's hard, but it's also rewarding in many ways.

So, that's all for now. I hope you all are having a fantastic week. I pray that school is getting off to a fabulous start for all those who have babies starting school. I know it's hard. I remember sending Nathaniel to kindergarten and thinking I wasn't going to make without him home. It get's easier. Just don't let them see you cry the second day. It's fine the first day, but after that we have to be big girls. 8-) I love you all!

No comments: