Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Here, there, and everywhere...

Let the traveling begin. YAY! Andrew called a little while ago to tell me that we would be packing up and heading for Greenville, SC Sunday night. What is in Greenville you ask...well I will tell you. 8-) Oracle training. What is Oracle training? Well, I don't really know, but I do know that my husband needs it very badly in order to not lose his mind at his job. He is a database administrator (don't exactly know what that means either). I call him...the computer guy. Anyway...he is brilliant. I can say that because I am his wife and biggest fan. I am very proud of him. His company recently purchased another company that runs off a different system and if he doesn't learn how to work the thing then he's gonna go postal. So...we are off to training. Well, the kids and I are off to a week of adventure in a new place while Andrew goes to training during the day. Greenville is very close to where Andrew's family lives, so we will take some time to go and visit grandmothers and aunts and uncles...oh my. 8-) That will be good. They haven't seen the babies in about a year. I love to go on adventures. When I was growing up my mom and dad would just randomly pack us up and we would take off on an adventure. We didn't so much plan vacations. We just got the bug and went. I loved it. So this week it's Greenville, SC. On Sept. 22 we will head to Gatlinburg for a couple of days. Sept. 29th we head back to Greenville for another week of training and adventure. October 11th we will be heading for Charleston, SC to enjoy the beach...my favorite place to be in the whole wide world. Then around November 5th our family along with the Hager family will be heading for Morelos, Mexico. We will be doing a lot of homeschooling on the road this fall. 8-) I am very excited. What's also fun is that when the traveling ends the holidays begin. Another of my favorite pastimes. Thanksgiving and Christmas! YAY!

Alright, for any of you who made it to the end of this blog...congrats. I tend to ramble when I'm excited. Sorry. 8-) I'm off to clean the kitchen so that I can mess it up again cooking dinner.

Oh...one more thing. The WILSON COUNTY FAIR starts on Friday. I LOVE going to the fair. It's so exciting! K...love to all!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Hey, I always forget to check your blog b/c we don't have a link to it on ours...Justin will have to fix that! I hope yo have a great vacation!!

I agree--Nastia looked great in pink :) What a sad name though :(