Saturday, August 30, 2008

suped up slumber party...

So any of you who thought slumber parties were just for the young you need to spend some time with me. Holli and I had a slumber party last night with the teenage girls in our Family Group. Family Groups are small groups that meet off campus twice a month for Bible Study and discipleship. Holli and I lead the Senior High junior and senior girls and I love it. They are so fabulous! We have some who graduated this year and to send them off we had a slumber party at Opryland Hotel. It was so much fun! The girls were awesome! They were even awesome while they were pushing me into the swimming pool in MY JAMMIES! The good news is that I love to swim and I don't care what I swim in so I just stayed in the pool and enjoyed myself. Of course they posted some not so flattering pics of me getting out of the pool and facebook, and for this they will pay. 8-) Oh yeah...it's payback time baby. We ate too much, talked a lot, tortured the people in the hotel, discussed major life issues and where they were in their walks with Christ, we walked a couple of miles around the hotel, took some fabulous pics of the girls being silly, and finally at about 4:00am everyone was asleep.

So God is good and He took care of my hubby and my babies while I was away for the night. I like slumber parties.

In other news, praise God for Sarah Palin. I am feeling a lot better about election day!

No comments: