Saturday, August 16, 2008

fair, fish, and fairwell

Well we had the most fun at the fair Friday night. Although I must say there are some seriously interesting (and by interesting I mean horrifying) characters in this town. I would pass people and wonder what in the world could possibly be going through there heads to think it is okay to wear that in public. Anyway, all that aside, the weather was perfect, the fair food was disgustingly wonderful, and the kids had "the best night of their lives". Of course they say that every single time we do anything. We can be grocery shopping and one of them will inevitably spring with "this is the best night of my life". I love their love for life. I aspire to live like that. I want to always be having the best time of my life. 8-) It really was wonderful. MaddieBelle just absolutely had to play the fish game because she needed to win a fish since we currently don't have a pet. Here's the deal. Madelyne plays the fish game every year at the fair, and every year she wins a fish only to have it die a few short weeks after we bring it home. Then she is devastated because she has lost her best friend. Madelyne played the fish game last night, and Madelyne won yet another fish. So, we are praying that "fluffy" hangs on longer than a few weeks.

So, I am off to finish packing. We leave after church in the morning and I am only about half way finished tossing our junk into the many suitcases it requires to take this family anywhere. I am not a very meticulous packer. I just grab a bunch of stuff and maybe I get all we need, and maybe I don't. If I leave anything out it will just make the adventure more fun. It can be like roughing it. That's about as close to roughing it as I like to come. 8-)

No comments: