Friday, August 15, 2008

The power of the pink...

So I have never been like a big Olympics watcher or anything. I would catch it here and there, but this year, oh this year is different. I don't know what it is but I can't miss it. Swimming and Gymnastics have consumed my evenings for the last week. I don't know if any of you caught women's gymnastics last night, but it was FANTASTIC! Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson of team USA took the gold and the silver medals. Nastia taking gold and Shawn taking silver. Now, many people believe that Nastia won the gold based on her tremendous skills as a gymnast. She nailed every routine. Stuck every landing. She was graceful and strong. This is not however what won her the gold in my opinion. While every other girl wore leotards in shades of red (some in white and blue), Nastia chose to be set apart. She wore PINK, and this is why she won the gold. 8-) I'm telling you, it's the perfect color. Of course her flipping and flopping and spinning and sticking probably didn't hurt anything, but i believe the pink sealed the deal. Oh yeah, and Shawn Johnson did pretty good too. Had she of worn pink then maybe they could have awarded 2 gold medals. 8-) Andrew says he would rather come in second because silver is prettier than gold.

Of course Michael Phelps did awesome. What a freak. Seriously, I think he has gills. I almost don't want to like him, but you just can't help it. He's just likeable...with his big ears and his mommy in the stands. Who doesn't like a guy that brings his mom and sisters to the Olympics with him.

Oh well, enough about the Olympics. Crayola crayons, the 24 count pack, are on sale at Walmart for 22 cents a box. I don't normally shop at Walmart because it gets on my nerves with it's bigness and all the bad stuff you hear about how they manufacture their goods, but come on people 22 CENTS! I bought like 50 boxes. 8-) I am a sucker for a deal.

No comments: